“No, I can’t do this”. Why? Are we really seeing us in the way God see’s us?
Same with Israelites! They didn’t know who really they are.
Exodus 1: 6-10 : 6 And Joseph died, all his brothers, and all that generation. 7 But the children of Israel were fruitful and increased abundantly, multiplied and grew exceedingly mighty; and the land was filled with them.8 Now there arose a new king over Egypt, who did not know Joseph. 9 And he said to his people, “Look, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we; 10 come, let us deal shrewdly with them, lest they multiply, and it happen, in the event of war, that they also join our enemies and fight against us, and so go up out of the land.”
It says in v 7, that Israelites were fruitful and increased abundantly, multiplied and grew exceedingly mighty;and the land was filled with them.
In short, the Israel and the people were blessed.
1. They were potential. Whatever work they did, it turned fruitful.
2. God has blessed the wombs of the Hebrew women. They multiplied
3. Exceedingly strong.
4. Enormous population.
Above four criterias was more than enough for them to conquer the promise land. But there was a major first and foremost missing point. Their God!
Because He was missed, many following points went missed:
1. Citizenship: They forgot they are the chosen generation of the mighty God who once saved the Egypt from the famine.
2. Wrong direction: Their perfect model was Joseph. Nothing wrong in it because he was an ordained man of God to save their generation from perishing. But not more than his God.So when he and his generation died, they didn’t have anyone else to look up. They looked to a wrong direction. They must have shifted their direction from people to God.
3. Lack of Recognition: No one bothered to see their brethren. They didn’t see how much they are more stronger in stature and in numbers. Everyone was busy with their own lives.
4. Fruitfulness: They were talented and hard working. God blessed their work and it multiplied.
Sometimes we too carry these missing points. If some work in church or corporate or house is given to us, we close our eyes and say ‘NO’ even without thinking who and what we are.
1. We must realise our position in this world. We are redeemed by the priceless and through Him we can do all things.
2. We must recognise our talents and gifts and use it for the Kingdom Of God.
3.We are created to be fruitful and we will be. Only thing to be done is, Hard work.
4.Take care of your Christian brothers and sisters. In times of troubles or happiness, look unto them and thank God for such divine relationships.
First and foremost, stop looking in ourselves or others, but look unto God
Sometimes we look only the lack in Us. This is when enemy creeps in and destroys us.
In case of Israelites, it was Pharaoh. Who Or what is your’s?